Progress in the Chemistry of Organic Natural Products 105 [electronic resource] / edited by A. Douglas Kinghorn, Heinz Falk, Simon Gibbons, Jun'ichi Kobayashi
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- V, 215 pages 120 illustrations, 59 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kinghorn, A. Douglas, Falk, Heinz, 1939-, Gibbons, Simon, Kobayashi, Jun'ichi, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Xanthine Alkaloids: occurrence, biosynthesis, and function in plants -- The Iboga Alkaloids -- A critical evaluation of the quality of published 13C-NMR-Data in natural product chemistry.
- The first contribution reviews the occurrence of xanthine alkaloids in the plant kingdom and the elucidation of the caffeine biosynthesis pathway, providing details of the N-methyltransferases, belonging to the motif B' methyltransferase family which catalyze three steps in the four step pathway leading from xanthosine to caffeine. The second contribution in this book provides a background on the molecule and related compounds and update knowledge on the most recent advances in Iboga alkaloids. The third contribution presents a comprehensive analysis of frequently occurring errors with respect to 13C NMR spectroscopic data and proposes a straightforward protocol to eliminate a high percentage of the most obvious errors.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 20046519