Routledge handbook of comparative political institutions / edited by Jennifer Gandhi and Rubén Ruiz-Rufino
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 448 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gandhi, Jennifer, 1975-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.The new economic institutionalism in historical perspective / Jennifer Gandhi / Rubén Ruiz-Rufino -- 3.Studying institutions / Margaret Levi / Victor Menaldo -- 4.Endogenous change of institutions / Jennifer Gandhi / Tom Clark -- 5.Formal and informal institutions / Adam Przeworski -- 6.Equilibrium analysis of political institutions / Hans-Joachim Lauth -- 7.Using field experiments to study political institutions / Milan W. Svolik -- 8.Constitutions as political institutions / Laura Paler / Guy Grossman -- 9.From Duverger to Rokkan and back: progress and challenges in the study of electoral systems / Tom Ginsburg -- 10.Parties and party systems / Gabriel L. Negretto -- 11.Legislative organization and outcomes / Noam Lupu -- 12.Executive-legislative relations / Eduardo Alemán -- 13.Coalition formation and policymaking in parliamentary democracies / Sebastian M. Saiegh -- 14.Judicial institutions / Lanny W. Martin / Georg Vanberg -- 15.Federalism / Julio Rios-Figueroa -- 16.Bureaucracy / Sandra León / Pablo Beramendi -- 17.Election administration, election observation, and election quality / Victor Lapuente -- 18.The military's role in politics / Susan D. Hyde / Kevin Pallister -- 19.Authoritarian institutions / David Kuehn / Aurel Croissant -- 20.Fiscal institutions / Clara Boulianne Lagacé / Jennifer Gandhi -- 21.Labor market institutions and economic performance / Joachim Wehner -- 22.Domestic politics and international institutions: cooperation, sacrifice, and change / Irene Menendez / David Rueda -- 23.Voting behavior and political institutions / James Raymond Vreeland -- 24.Ethnicity and elections / Ian McAllister -- 25.Political mobilization and institutions / Rubén Ruiz-Rufino -- 26.Political violence: an institutional approach / Erica Chenoweth -- 27.The institutional context of transitional justice / Laia Balcells -- 28.The institutional components of political corruption / Monika Nalepa -- 29.Political institutions and economic development / Paasha Mandavi / Miriam A. Golden.
- "The Routledge Handbook of Comparative Political Institutions (HCPI) is designed to serve as a comprehensive reference guide to our accumulated knowledge and the cutting edge of scholarship about political institutions in the comparative context. It differs from existing handbooks in that it focuses squarely on institutions but also discusses how they intersect with the study of mass behaviour and explain important outcomes, drawing on the perspective of comparative politics"--
- 9780415630887 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Steighton (Steve) A. Watts, Jr. Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Steighton (Steve) A. Watts, Jr. Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 20048691