Entrepreneurship : starting & operating a small business / Steve Mariotti, Caroline Glackin
- Mariotti, Steve, 1953-
- Boston : Pearson, 2016.
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 541 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Glackin, Caroline
- Unit 1: entrepreneurial pathways -- Entrepreneurs recognize opportunities -- The business plan : road map to success -- Creating business from opportunity -- Unit 1: Case study: spanx -- Unit 2: Integrated marketing -- Exploring your market -- Developing the right marketing mix and plan -- Smart selling and effective customer service -- Unit 2: Case study: kitchen arts & letters, inc -- Unit 3: Show me the money : finding, securing, and managing it -- Understanding and managing start-up, fixed, and variable costs -- Using financial statements to guide a business -- Cash flow and taxes -- Financing strategy: debt, equity, or both? -- Unit 4: Case study: Lee's ice cream -- Unit 5 operating a small business effectively -- Addressing legal issues and managing risk -- Operating for success -- Management, leadership, & ethical practices -- Unit 4: case study: onlc training centers -- Unit 5: Cashing in the brand -- Franchising, licensing, and harvesting: cashing in your brand -- Unit 5: Case study: honest tea -- Appendix 1 Sample student business plan : University Parent, Inc -- Appendix 2 Bizbuilder business plan -- Appendix 3 Resources for entrepreneurs -- Appendix 4 Useful formulas and equations.
- Textbook for Organizing Your Small Business 10145185 ; Financial Management for Small Business 10145186 ; Marketing Your Small Business 10145187 ; Entrepreneurial Service Management 10145188 ; Writing a Business Plan-Small Business 10145189.
This current textbook can be checked out for 2-hours at the Library Desk. If it is unavailable, you may place a hold to get on the waiting list.
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Robert W. Scott University Libraries Fund in Support of Honor's Education; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Robert W. Scott University Libraries Fund in Support of Honor's Education
View MARC record | catkey: 20048761