Handbook of LGBT tourism and hospitality : a guide for business practice / Jeff Guaracino, Ed Salvato
- Machine generated contents note: 1.The Foundations Of LGBT Tourism And Hospitality -- 1A.Your "elevator pitch": The importance of developing a segment-specific program for LGBT tourism -- 1B.Sizing the LGBT segment: Buying power -- 1C.The importance of the LGBT segment in the travel industry -- 1D.Tips before launching your LGBT marketing campaign -- 1E.Success in the LGBT travel market: Top ten tips from Jeff and Ed -- Discussion questions -- 2.Business Essentials: Understanding The LGBT Travel Market -- 2A.Understanding key segments and focusing your resources -- 2B.Lesbian travel: Women first, then lesbians -- 2C.Bisexual travel: Identifying an elusive population -- 2D.Putting the T in LGBT travel: Introducing the trans traveler -- 2E.LGBT family travel trends -- 2F.The top ten trends in LGBT travel -- 2G.Training, staff, business policies, and employee resource groups -- Discussion questions -- 3.Business Opportunities -- 3A.LGBT tourism and hospitality businesses -- 3B.LGBT events, festivals, and sporting events: An overview -- 3C.LGBT sports to drive revenue and visitation -- 3D.Pride festivals -- 3E.Tailoring your mainstream product with an LGBT twist -- 3F.Welcome signs and symbols -- 3G.The cruise industry -- 3H.LGBT tour operators -- 3I.Gays and the motor coach -- 3J.Airlines: Putting more butts in seats -- 3K.Hotels and lodging -- 3L.Meetings, conventions, and business groups -- 3M.Milestone celebration travel: Weddings, honeymoons, and other celebrations -- 3N.Navigating controversies and turning them to your advantage -- Discussion questions -- 4.Marketing Your Business -- 4A.Setting your marketing goals, budget, and staff -- 4B.Getting your advertising history straight -- 4C.Strategies for building an effective marketing campaign -- 4D.The changing media landscape: The rise, fall, and rise of LGBT publications -- 4E.Great content in context is your foundation -- 4F.Communications, public relations, and media relations -- 4G.Smart press trips -- 4H.LGBT print advertising and gay-inclusive creative -- 4I.Online and digital marketing -- 4J.Marketing through mobile phone apps -- 4K.Ten tips to keep your LGBT campaign and your destination competitive -- 4L.The ten classic principles of successful LGBT marketing -- Discussion questions -- 5.The Global View: Opportunities And Challenges -- 5A.Asia: The most gay-friendly destinations -- 5B.Argentina: Five tips for your LGBT business -- 5C.Brazil: A strong LGBT tourism market -- 5D.Canada: New ways of marketing using content in context -- 5E.China: A market opportunity -- 5F.Colombia: Five tips from an emerging destination -- 5G.Europe: Tips on the lesbian market -- 5H.India: Cultural, religious, and societal challenges -- 5I.Israel: Marketing LGBT tours in Tel Aviv -- 5J.Japan: Welcoming international LGBT guests to a conservative country -- 5K.Mexico: A gay-friendly but macho country -- 5L.United Kingdom: Reaching LGBT travelers is always a challenge -- 5M.The United States: Beyond New York and San Francisco -- Discussion questions -- 6.Trends And Industry Resources -- 6A.Market research: Companies, data, surveys, and reports -- 6B.Associations and conventions -- 6C.Advocacy organizations -- 6D.Conferences and expositions -- 6E.Further reading -- 6F.Annotated bibliography -- Discussion question.
- 9781939594181 hardcover ; alkaline paper
1939594189 hardcover ; alkaline paper
9781939594174 paperback ; alkaline paper
1939594170 paperback ; alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 20048974