At Balthazar : the New York brasserie at the center of the world / Reggie Nadelson ; recipes by Balthazar executive chef Shane McBride ; photographs by Peter Nelson
- Introduction: Breakfast at Balthazar -- I. Early -- Curtain up -- Building Balthazar -- Booze and gas -- Practical magic -- Hell's hundred acres -- Recipes -- II. Late morning -- Dave Chang's breakfast with oysters -- Coffee with Keith -- The sweet men -- Ruth Reichl, Eric Ripert, and the French thing -- Recipes -- III. Before two -- The great port of Balthazar -- Un-American bread -- Everything but the moo: postcards from Kansas -- God's potatoes -- Oysters: the living truth -- A glass of good red -- Recipes -- IV. After noon -- Cooking -- Chef -- Balthazar Inc. -- Salt peanuts -- Bad times -- Erin and the machine -- Waiting around -- Recipes -- V. Evening -- Welcome to Thursday night -- Calvin Klein's underpants and the uses of celebrity -- Dinner at Balthazar -- After midnight -- Recipes.
- "Explore the iconic and beloved restaurant Balthazar, celebrating its twentieth anniversary in April 2017, in this lovingly crafted, behind-the-scenes look at the legendary New York institution. MK Fisher Award finalist Reggie Nadelson was granted unrestricted access to owner and brilliant restaurateur Keith McNally, the restaurant, the kitchens, the present and past staff, the restaurant's archives, and more. She follows the twenty-four-hour cycle of the SoHo hotspot itself and explores the history of both French brasseries and downtown Manhattan, weaving together a savory tale of design, economics, celebrity, and of course delicious food. Featuring stunning color photographs and ten new recipes from Balthazar head chef Shane McBride and chief baker Paula Oland, this beautiful book celebrates the rich history and continued success of this renowned restaurant."--Publisher's description.
- 9781501116773 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1501116770 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781501116780 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1501116789 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 317-319).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Burt B. Houseworth Libraries Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Burt B. Houseworth Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 20049121