We are Aztlán! : Chicanx histories on the northern borderlands / edited by Jerry García
- Additional Titles:
- Chicanx histories on the northern borderlands
- Pullman, Washington : Washington State University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 271 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- García, Jerry, 1963-
- Machine generated contents note: pt. One Empire and Borders -- 1.Empire, Colonialism, and Mexican Labor in Greater Azdan / Dionicio Valdes -- 2.Gaagegoo Dabakaanan miiniwaa Debenjigejig: No Borders, Indigenous Sovereignty / Dylan Miner -- pt. Two El Movimiento in the Northern Borderlands -- 3.Democratizing Washington State's Yakima County: A History of Latino/a Voter Suppression since 1967 / Josue Q. Estrada -- 4.The Struggle for Xicana/o Studies in the Northern Borderlands: War of the Flea in [Azt]lansing Michigan / Ernesto Todd Mireles -- 5.El Movimiento in Washington State: Activism in the Yakima Valley and Puget Sound Regions / Oscar Rosales Castaneda -- 6.Stories of Remembrance and Resistance: Maria Alanis Ruiz, Chicana Activism, and the Chicano Movement / Norma L. Cardenas -- pt. Three Community, Labor, and Immigration -- 7.The Mexicanization of a Northwest Community: The Case of Woodburn, Oregon / Rachel Maldonado -- 8.Norteada/Northed: My Tears Created the Great Lakes / Theresa Melendez -- 9.Becoming Aztlan in the Northern Borderlands / Jerry Garcia.
- "Mexican Americans/Chicana/os/Chicanx form a majority of the overall Latino population in the United States. In this collection, established and emerging Chicanx researchers diverge from the discipline's traditional Southwest focus to offer academic and non-academic perspectives specifically on the Pacific Northwest and the Midwest. Their multidisciplinary papers address colonialism, gender, history, immigration, labor, literature, sociology, education, and religion, setting El Movimiento (the Chicanx movement) and the Chicanx experience beyond customary scholarship and illuminating how Chicanxs have challenged racialization, marginalization, and isolation in the northern borderlands."--Provided by publisher.
- 9780874223477 paperback alkaline paper
0874223474 paperback alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20049639