Mapping the body : der Körper in der heutigen Lebenswelt = the body in contemporary life / [Herausgeber, Julia Brennacher, Lena Nievers und Jürgen Tabor].
- Additional Titles:
- Mapping the body : the body in contemporary life and Body in contemporary life
- Wien : Verlag für Moderne Kunst, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 157 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Brennacher, Julia, Nievers, Lena, Tabor, Jürgen, and Galerie im Taxispalais (Innsbruck, Austria)
- Language Note:
- Text in German and English.
- The international group exhibition 'Mapping the Body' investigates the far-reaching transformation and manipulation of the human body in contemporary life. In a time of constantly increasing economic and media monopolization, technological progress that promises to transcend physical boundaries, and more and more confrontation between politically and culturally differing notions of sexuality and gender, the body has become a place where conflicts are realized, and the search for identities is reconstituted. The exhibition is devoted to artists who critically question current fields of body politics from various cultural and media perspectives. In research-based, participatory, as well as narrative, fictional and metaphorical works, they reflect upon the influence of the economy and society on the body, gender and sexuality, upon the transformation of body awareness through technology and the internet, the significance of inner and outer constraints as manifest in the body, and also upon the dissolution of corporeal boundaries and clear-cut identities. Exhibition: Galerie im Taxispalais, Innsbruck, Austria (30.05.-30.06.2016).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Galerie im Taxispalais, Galerie des Landes Tirol, Innsbruck, Austria, June 11-August 28, 2016.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20049691