Facing cyber threats head on : protecting yourself and your business / Brian Minick
- Minick, Brian
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- The world is introduced to cyber security -- The evolution of security and the emergence of cyber security -- How we got here : a brief history of the internet -- Why is cyber so big? : the technology curve -- Anatomy of an attack -- Businesses : different risks for different businesses -- Priority triangle -- Creating strong defenses against cyber attacks -- Personal security : how big are the risks? -- Personal approach : what individuals can do to protect themselves -- Cyber security is a people problem, not a technology problem -- Facing cyber security head on.
- "Facing Cyber Threats Head On explains battle against hackers as a fight between people, not technologies. Brian Minick offers a new approach to defending against cyber attacks, one that balances business risk with the cost of creating defenses that can change as quickly and often as attackers can."--
- 9781442265493 (electronic bk.)
1442265493 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the James and Joyce Gettys Libraries Endowment in the Math Library and in the School of Information Sciences and Technology; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 20050139