Fitness and nutrition : a whole health curriculum for young children / Connie Jo Smith, Charlotte M. Hendricks, Becky S. Bennett
- Smith, Connie Jo
- Saint Paul, Minnesota : Redleaf Press, 2014.
- Copyright Date:
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (93 pages) : illustrations, photographs
- Additional Creators:
- Dyrud, Chris Wold, Handrigan, Jim, Hendricks, Charlotte Mitchell, 1957-, and Bennett, Becky S., 1954-
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgments; Introduction; CHAPTER 1: WATCH ME MOVE MY BODY!; Bodies in Motion; Bounce and Balance; Let's Bend; Around and Around; How Many Ways Can You Move?; Marbles for Giants; Take-Home Family Pages; CHAPTER 2: I MOVE TO BE STRONG!; Obstacle Course; My Fitness Chart; Dance Freeze Frame; Skip, Hop, Boogie; In the Zone; Flying High; Take-Home Family Pages; CHAPTER 3: MY BODY NEEDS REST!; Wind Up and Wind Down; Pillow Talk; In and Out; Bodywork; Dancing Lights; Glow Show; Take-Home Family Pages; CHAPTER 4: SOMETIMES I RUMBLE AND ROAR! and What Does Hungry Mean?The Lion's Roar; Full to the Top; Where Does Food Go?; Give the Plants a Drink; Tell Rosita; Take-Home Family Pages; CHAPTER 5: MY BODY NEEDS FOOD TO GROW AND GO!; A Bundle of Bread; Restaurant Visits; Who Is the Cook?; Limas, Pintos, and Garbanzos; Planning a Picnic; Group the Food; Take-Home Family Pages; CHAPTER 6: I SHARE FOOD, NOT GERMS!; Cups for Everyone; Pass the Peas, Please; Buffet Bound; Half a Cookie; Sharing Snacks; Something from Everyone; Take-Home Family Pages.
- "Given the recent rise of childhood obesity, the need for health education is needed more than ever. This curriculum provides developmentally appropriate activities that introduce important health concepts, including physical activity, rest and relaxation, and nutrition and eating habits."--
- 9781605543321 (electronic bk.)
1605543322 (electronic bk.)
9781306446587 (electronic bk.)
1306446589 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Karl R. and Diane Wendle Fink Libraries Collections Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- Karl R. and Diane Wendle Fink Libraries Collections Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 20050261