Post-millennial gothic : comedy, romance and the rise of happy gothic / Catherine Spooner
- Spooner, Catherine, 1974-
- London : Bloomsbury Academic, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 213 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Consuming the Edible Graveyard: Gothic Lifestyles and Lifestyle Gothic -- 2. `The images, for me, are the story': Tim Burton's Gothic Aesthetics -- 3. `Forget Nu Rave, We're Into Nu Grave!': High Street Style and the Uses of Gothic Romance -- 4. Gothic Charm School, or, How Vampires Learned to Sparkle -- 5. Pretty in Black: The Goth Girl and the Whimsical Macabre -- 6. `Happy Nights Are Here Again': Having a Laugh with Vampires and Other Monsters -- 7. `I'm the Shoreditch Vampire': Making Over Goth Masculinities in Television Comedy -- 8. `Swishing about and spookiness': Whitby and Gothic Literary Tourism from Bram Stoker's Dracula to Paul Magrs's Never the Bride.
- 1441101217 (PB)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 189-201), filmography (pages 201-203), and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 20050458