The age of consequences / a PF Pictures production ; associate producer and editor, Hypatia A. Porter ; executive producer, Sophie Robinson ; produced by Jared P. Scott, Kelly Nyks ; written & directed by Jared P. Scott
- [Austin, Tex.] : Tugg, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (80 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
4 3/4 in. burning
- Additional Creators:
- Scott, Jared P., Nyks, Kelly, Robinson, Sophie (Environmental management), McSweeney, Michael, Francis, Malcolm, PF Pictures (Firm), and Tugg Inc
- "Investigates the impacts of climate change on increased resource scarcity, migration, and conflict through the lens of US national security and global stability. Through unflinching case-study analysis, distinguished admirals, generals and military veterans take us beyond the headlines of the conflict in Syria, the social unrest of the Arab Spring, the rise of radicalized groups like ISIS, and the European refugee crisis -- and lay bare how climate change stressors interact with societal tensions, sparking conflict. Whether a long-term vulnerability or sudden shock, the film unpacks how water and food shortages, drought, extreme weather, and sea-level rise function as 'accelerants of instability' and 'catalysts for conflict' in volatile regions of the world. These Pentagon insiders make the compelling case that if we go on with business as usual, the consequences of climate change -- waves of refugees, failed states, terrorism -- will continue to grow in scale and frequency, with grave implications for peace and security in the 21st century. The film's unnerving assessment is by no means reason for fatalism -- but instead a call to action to rethink how we use and produce energy."--Tugg website.
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file region 1
- Form of work:
- Motion pictures
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally produced in 2016; copyright held by Flashpoint Films, LLC.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Michael McSweeney ; design and animation by Toros Kose, Martin Aggerholm ; original music by Malcolm Francis.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Michael Breen, Sharon Burke, Brigadeer General Stephen Cheney (ret.), Francesco Femia, Leon Fuerth, Sherri Goodman, Sol Hsiang, Dr. Marcus D. King, Major General Munir Muniruzzaman (ret.), Dr. Christian Parenti, Richard Seager, Timothy Snyder, General Gordon Sullivan (ret.), Rear Admiral David Titley (ret.)
- Technical Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- Includes public performance rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 20050985