Central banking at a crossroads [electronic resource] : Europe and beyond / edited by Charles Goodhart, Daniela Gabor, Jakob Vestergaard and Ismail Ertürk
- New York : Anthem Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 283 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Goodhart, C. A. E. (Charles Albert Eric)
- Anthem frontiers of global political economy
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Charles Goodhart, Daniela Gabor, Ismail Ertürk, and Jakob Vestergaard -- Constraining descretion in bank regulation / Andrew G. Haldane -- Myths and fallacies in the discussion on capital regulation / Anat R. Admati, Peter M. Demarzo, Martin F. Hellwig, and Paul Pfleiderer -- Complexity, interconnectedness: business models and the Basel system / Adrian Blundell-Wignall, Paul Atkinson, and Caroline Roulet -- At the brink of insolvency: shallow recapitalization exercise fails to bolster Europe's ailing banks / Jakob Vestergaard and Maria Retana -- Bank resolution in comparative perspective : what lessons for Europe? / Charles Goodhart -- Resolving problem banks : a review of the global evidence / Martin Cihák and Erlend Nier -- Bank resolution in New Zealand and its implications for Europe / David G. Mayes -- Collateral and monetary policy / Manmohan Singh -- The ecb and the political economy of collateral / Daniela Gabor -- The backstory of the risk-free asset : how government debt became "safe" / Nina Boy -- Central banking post-crisis : what compass for uncharted waters? / Claudio Borio -- Reconceptualizing central bank unconventional policies : long positions on no-growth capitalism / Ismail Ertürk -- The relationship between central banks and governments : what are central banks for? / Sheila C. Dow -- Is new governance the ideal architecture for global financial regulation? / Annelise Riles -- Index.
- 9781783083046 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 1783083042 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20057834