China 2020 [electronic resource] : how western business can--and should--influence social and political change in the coming decade / Michael A. Santoro
- Santoro, Michael A.
- Ithaca : Cornell University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 162 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Beyond the shadow of Tiananmen : the role of foreign business in China's uncertain path to democracy and human rights -- The clipboard, the megaphone, and socialist characteristics : pragmatic and ideological approaches to solving China's sweatshop problem -- Drug safety races to the bottom : the need for "safe trade" in drugs and other products manufactured in China -- China 2.0 : illusion and promise behind the "great firewall" -- Soft seat on the Long March : foreign business and the rule of law in China -- Conclusion : the two Chinas of 2020.
- International business enterprises—China
- Investments, Foreign—China
- Social responsibility of business—China
- Business ethics—China
- Social change—China—21st century
- Human rights—China
- China—Foreign economic relations
- China—Commercial policy
- China—Social conditions—2000-
- China—Politics and government—21st century
- 9780801446955 (cloth : alk. paper)
0801446953 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -153) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20057866