LGBTQ rights / Susan Henneberg, book editor
- Additional Titles:
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer rights
- New York, NY : Greenhaven Publishing, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 135 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Henneberg, Susan
- Does the LGBTQ community enjoy equal rights? -- Does the promotion of LGBTQ rights threaten the freedom of others? -- Is same-sex marriage a human right? -- Do transgender individuals deserve special protection?
- Great strides have been made in securing rights for the LGBT community in recent years. Although statistics prove that acceptance of LGBT individuals has grown substantially in the past decade, there are still many people who ignore the laws in favor of their own beliefs. This anthology brings together writings from diverse sources to construct a well-balanced examination of LGBT rights in the United States and around the world. Readers will be exposed to both sides of the same-sex marriage debate, the controversy over restroom access for transgender individuals, and the reasons why the LGBT community continues to fight for its rights.
- 9781534500198 (library bound book)
9781534500358 (pbk. book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20062512