Dealmaking in the film & television industry : from negotiations to final contracts / by Mark Litwak
- Litwak, Mark
- Additional Titles:
- Dealmaking in the film and television industry
- Los Angeles : Silman-James Press, 
- 4th edition, revised and updated.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 580 pages ; 26 cm
- Dealmaking -- Permission to portray people and places -- Clearance of rights -- Literary acquisition agreements -- Employment contracts -- Advice for writers, directors, and actors -- Music -- Distribution -- Negotiating tactics and strategies -- Creative accounting -- Copyright -- The First Amendment and the right of publicitiy -- Defamation of persons depicted in literary works -- The right of privacy -- Trademarks and unfair competition -- Remedies -- Retaining attorneys, agents, and managers -- Glossary of terms -- Appendix.
- Artists' contracts—United States
- Performing arts—Law and legislation—United States
- Motion pictures—Law and legislation—United States
- Entertainers—Legal status, laws, etc—United States
- Artists' contracts
- Entertainers—Legal status, laws, etc
- Motion pictures—Law and legislation
- Performing arts—Law and legislation
- United States
- 9781935247166 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20268474