The future of food / Lily Films presents ; directed, produced, and written by Deborah Koons Garcia ; produced by Catherine Lynn Butler
- Language Note:
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired (main feature only).
- Disc 1. Feature and additional interviews -- disc 2. Special features.
- Documents the trend of unlabeled genetically-modified foods which have become increasingly prevalent in grocery stores. Unravels the complex web of market and political forces that are changing the nature of what we eat. Explores organic and sustainable agriculture as alternatives to large-scale industrial agriculture.
- Genetically modified foods
- Genetically modified foods—Law and legislation—United States
- Agricultural biotechnology
- Agriculture—Economic aspects
- Agriculture—Environmental aspects
- Agriculture and politics
- Agriculture and state
- Food supply—Government policy
- Organic farming
- Sustainable agriculture
- Food law and legislation—United States
- Farmers' markets—United States
- Community-supported agriculture—United States
- Food—Labeling—Law and legislation—United States
- Community-supported agriculture
- Farmers' markets
- Food—Labeling—Law and legislation
- Food law and legislation
- Genetically modified foods—Law and legislation
- United States
- "2 disc special edition"--Container.
Special features: Farmers' portraits, Community supported agriculture, Farmers' markets, Seed saving, Kids and fresh food, Michael Pollan on the cost of food, GE free recipes, and Take action toolkit.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Vivien Hillgrove ; photography, John Chater ; music, Todd Boekelheide.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Interviews with: Andrew Kimbrell, Dr. Charles M. Benbrook, Dr. Ignacio Chapela, Dr. Fred Kirschenmann, Percy Schmeiser, Rodney Nelson, Dave Henson, Dr. Jorge Soberon, Dr. Exeduiel Ezcurra ; narrator, Sara Maamouri.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 20268873