Black Hawk and the warrior's path / Roger L. Nichols
- Nichols, Roger L.
- Chichester, West Sussex : Wiley Blackwell, 2017.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Who is Black Hawk? 1600--1804 -- 2.The America ns were coming to take possession 1804--1812 -- 3.They made fair promises but never fulfilled them 1812--1816 -- 4.We were a divided people 1816--1828 -- 5.Nothing was talked about but leaving our village 1828--1831 -- 6.The British would assist us 1831--1832 -- 7.My object was not war 1832 -- 8.Once I was a great warrior 1832--1838.
- Completely updated and expanded, Black Hawk and the Warrior[’]s Path is a masterful account of the life of the Sauk warrior and leader, and his impact on the history of early America. The period between 1760 and 1840 is brought to life through vivid discussion of Native American society and traditions, Western frontier expansion, and US-Native American politics and conflicts Updates include: 1 new map, 8[ ] new images, a revised bibliographic essay incorporating the latest research, a timeline, and 8 concise, reorganized chapters with key terms and study questions Accessibly written by a noted expert in the field, students will understand key themes and find meaningful connections [ ]among historical events in Native American and 18 th century American history --Book Jacket.
- 9781119103400 (electronic bk.)
1119103401 (electronic bk.)
9781119407218 (electronic bk.)
1119407214 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20273740