Neuroprotective natural products : clinical aspects and mode of action / edited by Goutam Brahmachari
- Weinheim, Germany : Wiley-VCH, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Brahmachari, Goutam
- Neuroprotective Natural Products: Clinical Aspects and Modes of Action -- An Overview / Goutam Brahmachari -- Neuroprotective Agents: An Overview on the General Modes of Action / Christina Volsko, Ranjan Dutta -- Beneficial Upshots of Naturally Occurring Antioxidant Compounds against Neurological Disorders / Sukanya Saha, Pritam Sadhukhan, Parames C Sil -- Natural Neuroprotectives for the Management of Parkinson's Disease / Bharti Gaba, Shobhit Kumar, Shadab Md, Sanjula Baboota, Jasjeet K Narang, Javed Ali -- Neuroprotective Effect of Ayurvedic Preparations and Natural Products on Parkinson's Disease / Anupom Borah, Amarendranath Choudhury, Rajib Paul, Muhammed K Mazumder, Swapnali Chetia -- Lipid Peroxidation and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases: Role of Natural Products as Cytoprotective Agents / Carlos Fernández-Moriano, Elena González-Burgos, Maria Pilar Gómez-Serranillos -- Marine-Derived Anti-Alzheimer's Agents of Promise / Kapil Dev, Rakesh Maurya -- Natural Products against Huntington's Disease (HD): Implications of Neurotoxic Animal Models and Transgenics in Preclinical Studies / Abhijit Dey -- Possible Role of Neuroprotectants and Natural Products in Epilepsy: Clinical Aspects and Mode of Action / Anil Kumar, Manveen Bhardwaj, Harshpreet Kaur -- Neuroprotective Effects of Flavonoids in Epilepsy / Hossein Hosseinzadeh, Marjan Nassiri-Asl -- The Role of Noncompetitive Antagonists of the N-Methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) Receptors in Treatment-Resistant Depression / Gianluca Serafini, Shawn Hayley, Mehdi Ghasemi, Mario Amore -- Safety and Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) / Shri K Mishra, Bharathi A Venkatachalapathy, Hadi M Khanli -- Cannabinoids: A Group of Promising Neuroprotective Agents / Laura R Caltana, Alicia Brusco.
- Focusing on the molecular mechanisms of powerful naturally occurring agents and their implication for drug discovery, this timely book presents an overview of the most recent research advances in the field of bioactive natural products and natural drug formulations to combat today's destructive diseases. To this extent, the authors discuss the most severe neurological disorders in our modern civilization, such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's disease, as well as ischemic brain stroke and depression. The emerging diversity of active compounds is covered in detail, including flavonoids, cannabinoids and oleanolic acid, while experts in the field explain the chemistry, mode of action and clinical aspects of novel nEuroprotective natural products. In each case, the benefits of treatments using natural products are addressed from the perspective of modern as well as traditional medicine. With its multidisciplinary viewpoint, this is the ideal companion for medicinal and natural products chemists as well as neuroscientists, biochemists, pharmacologists, neurobiologists, and phytotherapists.
- 9783527803781 (electronic bk. ; oBook)
3527803785 (electronic bk. ; oBook)
9783527803804 (electronic bk.)
3527803807 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20273763