Regional Research Frontiers - Vol. 1 [electronic resource] : Innovations, Regional Growth and Migration / edited by Randall Jackson, Peter Schaeffer
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 346 pages 25 illustrations, 11 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Jackson, Randall, Schaeffer, Peter, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Spatial Science, The Regional Science Series, 1430-9602
- Preface -- Part I: Technology, Innovation, Gender, and Entrepreneurship -- Part II: Regional Growth, Regional Forecasts, and Policy -- Part III: Disaster and Resilience -- Part IV: Migration, Demography, and Human Capital.
- This volume focuses on frontiers in regional research and identifies trends and future developments in the areas of innovation, regional growth and migration. It also addresses topics such as mobility, regional forecasting, and regional policy, and includes expert contributions on disasters, resilience, and sustainability. Building on recent methodological and modelling advances, as well as on extensive policy-analysis experience, top international regional scientists identify and evaluate emerging new conceptual and methodological trends and directions in regional research. This book will appeal to a wide readership, from regional scientists and economists to geographers, quantitatively oriented regional planners and other related disciplines. It offers a source of relevant information for academic researchers and policy analysts in government, and is also suitable for advanced teaching courses on regional and spatial science, economics and political science. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20274124