Biological Invasions and Its Management in China [electronic resource] : Volume 1 / edited by Fanghao Wan, Mingxing Jiang, Aibin Zhan
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 366 pages 64 illustrations, 46 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Wan, Fanghao, 1956-, Jiang, Mingxing, Zhan, Aibin, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Invading Nature - Springer Series in Invasion Ecology ; 11
- The book discusses invasive-species problems in agriculture, forests and aquatic ecosystems, highlighting the invasive mechanisms and management of the selected invasive species. Biological invasion has become a serious global ecological and economic problem that deserves particular attention from both government officials and scientists. This volume focuses on three key scientific areas: 1) population establishment and spreading mechanisms of the selected invasive species; 2) ecology adaptation, population growth, expansion and evolution of invasive species; and 3) impact of bio-invasion on the ecosystem structure and function at community and ecosystem levels. The presented research will result in techniques for better management of invasive species. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20274428