Chinese as a Second Language Assessment [electronic resource] / edited by Dongbo Zhang, Chin-Hsi Lin
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XXI, 293 pages 13 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Zhang, Dongbo, Lin, Chin-Hsi, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- I. Overview of Tests and Research -- 1 The HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi): Past, Present, and Future -- 2 The Development of the Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) -- 3 Assessing Chinese in the United States: An Overview of Major Tests -- 4 Developments in Research on Testing Chinese as a Second Language -- II. Assessing Orthography, Vocabulary, and Grammar -- 5 How Ethnic Minority Students Perceive Patterns in Chinese Characters: Knowledge of Character Components and Structures -- 6 Developing a Word Associates Test to Assess L2 Chinese Learners' Vocabulary Depth -- 7 Can Grammatical Knowledge Predict Chinese Proficiency? -- III. Assessing Language Skills -- 8 What Standard and Whose Standard: Issues in the Development of Chinese Proficiency Descriptors in Singapore -- 9 Diagnostic Assessment of L2 Chinese Learners' Reading Comprehension Ability -- 10 Writing Assessment of Chinese as a Second Language: A Pilot Study -- 11 Computer-Mediated Corrective Feedback in Chinese as a Second Language Writing: Learners' Perspectives -- IV. Assessment, Teaching, and Learning -- 12 Developing a Speaking Diagnostic Tool for Teachers to Differentiate Instruction for Young Learners of Chinese -- 13. Self- and Peer-Assessment of Oral Presentation in Advanced Chinese Classrooms: An Exploratory Study.
- This book brings together 13 original research papers that address emerging issues in the assessment of Chinese as a Second Language (CSL) in five major areas, including standards in CSL assessment; development of CSL tests; assessment of diverse knowledge and skills; computer-supported assessment; and CSL assessment in relation to instruction and teachers’ assessment competence. It goes beyond the psychometric testing of Chinese and provides cutting-edge examinations of the interfaces of assessment with sociology of language, acquisition, pedagogy, and modern technologies, as well as teacher education. Given its unique features and broad range of topics, the book offers an intriguing and valuable resource, not only for scholars and researchers but also teacher educators and assessment practitioners who are directly or indirectly involved in CSL assessment.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 20274490