Up the ladder : accessing grades 3-6 writing units of study / Lucy Calkins, series editor
- Additional Titles:
- Accessing grades 3-6 and Accessing grades three-six
- Portsmouth, NH : Heinemann, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 guide (vi, 37 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm), 3 volumes, 1 anchor-chart notes (72 leaves : illustrations ; 15 cm) ; in box 23 x 29 x 7 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Calkins, Lucy, 1951-, Ochs, Mike, Luick, Alicia, Khan, Hareem Atif, Frazin, Shana, Hohne, Kelly Boland, Dangler Larkey, Celena, and Heinemann (Firm : Portsmouth, N.H.)
- Narrative / Lucy Calkins, Mike Ochs, Alicia Luick -- Information / Lucy Calkins, Hareem Atif Khan, Shana Frazin -- Opinion / Lucy Calkins, Kelly Boland Hohne, Celena Dangler Larkey.
- The Up the Ladder books are designed for children in grades 3-6 who may not yet have had many opportunities to practice writing narrative, information, and opinion pieces, or might not have had those experiences in workshop-style classrooms. The units are designed to give young people the opportunity to engage in repeated successful practice and to move rapidly along a gradually increasing progression of challenges -- Back cover.
- English language—Composition and exercises—Study and teaching—Evaluation
- Narration (Rhetoric)—Study and teaching—Evaluation
- Essay—Authorship—Study and teaching (Elementary)—Evaluation
- Authors—Study and teaching (Elementary)—Evaluation
- Report writing—Study and teaching (Elementary)—Evaluation
- Feature writing—Study and teaching (Elementary)—Evaluation
- Education, Elementary—United States
- 9780325096582 (kit)
- Title from container.
View MARC record | catkey: 20274888