A history of the U.S. men's national soccer team / Clemente A. Lisi
- Lisi, Clemente Angelo, 1975-
- Additional Titles:
- History of the United States men's national soccer team
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 171 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction -- Chapter 1. Humble Beginnings: 1916-1929 -- Chapter 2. Early World Cup Success: 1930-1949 -- Chapter 3. The Big Upset: 1950-1959 -- Chapter 4. Slump into Obscurity: 1960-1969 -- Chapter 5. Soccer's Rebirth: 1970-1979 -- Chapter 6. On the Verge of Success: 1980-1988 -- Chapter 7. Shot Heard 'Round the World: 1989-1999 -- Chapter 8. America's Team: 2000-2010 -- Chapter 9. A New Era: 2011-2016 -- Appendix A. All-Time Records -- Appendix B. U.S. Men's National Team World Cup Box Scores (1930-2014).
- In "A History of the U.S. Men's National Soccer Team'' Clemente A. Lisi recounts the team's significant achievements and history-making moments, including its decisive 1991 Gold Cup victory. Each chapter includes game descriptions, background stories, and profiles of notable players from the era. The book features vintage photographs and exclusive player interviews.--Publisher description.
- 9781442277571 hardcover alkaline paper
1442277572 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20275154