Pennsylvania State University, Interinstitutional Center for Indigenous Knowledge records
- Maretzki, Audrey
- approximately 1993-2018.
- Physical Description:
- 5.5 linear feet
- Restrictions on Access:
- Contains university records which are restricted for a period of 20 years from the date of their creation, in accordance with University Policies AD35 and AD95.
- This collection includes correspondence, DVDs, instructional materials, meeting minutes, posters, proposals, and other materials relating the the Center, its programs, and the Whiting Indigenous Knowledge Student Research Awards. Much of the collection documents the Center's educational initiatives and events. This collection also documents the Indigenous Knowledge Student Research Awards, including Articles of Incorporation, endowment information, meeting minutes, and correspondence. This collection also includes archived websites
- In the Special Collections Library, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa. (#09822).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Gift of Interinstitutional Consortium for Indigenous Knowledge ; 2017.
- Administrative History:
- The Interinstitutional Center for Indigenous Knowledge (ICIK), formerly the Interinstitutional Consortium for Indigenous Knowledge, was established in 1995 under the Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Programs and Research in the College of Education. It was established to promote communication among university faculty, staff, students, and community members to "engage in the interdisciplinary study of knolwedge systems that are operative in local communities in Pennsylvania, the United States, and other countries," The Center affiliates with similar centers worldwide. In 2014 the consortium changed its name to the Interinstitutional Center for Indigenous Knowledge.
View MARC record | catkey: 20275244