Workers graphics collection
- Marshall, Alice Kahler
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1843-1987]
- Physical Description:
- 543 items
- Language Note:
- Some captions are in German; one colored engraving is in French.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- This portion of the collection contains images of women workers in traditional and non-traditional occupations including barbers, barmaids, book canvassers, child laborers, cigar and cigarette workers, clerical workers, cooks, doctors, domestics, factory workers, firefighters, florists, match-makers, oyster shuckers, policewomen, postmistresses, printers, produce peddlers, seamstresses, sailors, telephone and telegraph operators, typists, unemployed, unionists, washerwomen, and weavers.
Also, images of women anarchists, and on strike and in sweatshops; the fire disasters at the Triangle Shirtwaist Company, 1911, and Pemberton Mills (Lawrence, Mass.), 1860.
- In the Alice Marshall Collection, Library, Penn State Harrisburg, 351 Olmsted Drive, Middletown, Pa. 17057-4850 (#AKM 91/1.64)
- Reproduction Note:
- Some photocopies.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Gift and purchase of Alice Marshall; 1991.
View MARC record | catkey: 2027525