A dam holds back / Crystal Sikkens
- Sikkens, Crystal
- New York, New York : Crabtree Publishing Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Rising river -- What is an engineer? -- Steps to solving problems -- Asking questions -- Brainstorming -- Planning -- Creating a model -- Testing and improving -- Sharing the results -- Following the steps -- Model activity -- Avoiding disaster.
- "Created to support NGSS, the Be An Engineer! series explains how different structures are designed by engineers to solve problems. Each title takes readers through the steps of the engineering design process to explain how an everyday structure is designed to overcome physical obstacles to meet peoples' needs. Real-world examples, vibrant photographs, and fact boxes reinforce learning, and readers design and create their own model structures. A link printed inside each book gives readers access to Crabtree Plus, a secure website with supplemental digital content, including engaging simulations and interactive activities that reinforce and extend key series' concepts."--
- 9780778729051 (reinforced library binding : alk. paper)
0778729052 (reinforced library binding : alk. paper)
9780778729402 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0778729400 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Interest Age:
- Ages 7-10.
- Interest Grade:
- Grades 4 to 6.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 23) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20275331