The academy of armory, or, A store-house of armory and blazon : containing the several variety of created beings, and how born in coats of arms, both foreign and domestick : with the instruments used in all trades and sciences, together with their terms of art : also the etymologies, definitions, and historical observations on the same, explicated and explained according to our modern language : very useful for all gentlemen, scholars, divines, and all such as desire any knowledge in arts and sciences / by Randle Holme of the city of Chester, gentleman sewer in extraordinary to His Late Majesty King Charles the Second, and sometimes deputy to the King of Arms
- Holme, Randle, 1627-1699
- Additional Titles:
- Store-house of armory and blazon, Vol. 2: Second book of the academy of armory and blazon, and Vol. 3: Third book of the academy of armory and blazon
- London : Printed for the author, and are to be sold by Richard Chiswell, at the Rose and Crown in St. Paul's Church-yard, MDCXCIII. 
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Chiswell, Richard and Edwards, P.
- Added engraved t.p. signed: P. Edwards Sculp., Books 2 and 3 have half-titles, separate pagination and register., Pagination: , 107, ; , 488; , 501,  p.,  leaf., Includes indexes., A chart is inserted between pp. 414 and 415 in book three, with instructions to the binder., Stained, with some loss of text., and Reproduction of original in: University of Liverpool.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : ProQuest, 2012. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 3075:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed. 1994), H2513A and English short title catalogue, R178096
View MARC record | catkey: 20275563