Feminist in a software lab : difference + design / Tara McPherson
- McPherson, Tara
- Cambridge, Massachusetts ; London, England : Harvard University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 276 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Preface. Opening Vectors -- How to read this book -- List of fellow travelers -- 1. Designing for difference -- Into the fray -- Modularity at midcentury: thinking race + UNIX -- Situating UNIX -- Modularity in the social field -- Moving beyond our boxes + mapping materialisms -- WINDOW 1: introducing Vectors -- 2. Assembling scholarship: from Vectors to Scalar -- On process -- WINDOW 2: the look + feel of Vectors -- WINDOW 3: making stolen time -- Reimaging content and form -- WINDOW 4: various vectors -- Scaling Vectors -- WINDOW 5: the Scalar feature set + showcase -- Outro. Scholarship in the wild.
- Tara McPherson asks what might it mean to design--from conception--digital tools and applications that emerge from contextual concerns of cultural theory and from a feminist concern for difference. This question leads to the Vectors lab, which for a dozen years has experimented with digital scholarship at the intersection of theory and praxis.--
- 9780674728943 (alk. paper) and 0674728947
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20275594