Sanford's Opera House the star place of attraction [electronic resource] : Eleventh and Chesnut, the most central place of amusement in the city, crowded nightly to witness the inimitable and unapproachable songs, dances & afterpiece. R.J. Turner! whose singing alone is worth a ticket, to say nothing of the remaining stars! Look out for the burlesque Comedy of errors!.
- Corporate Author:
- Sanford's Opera House (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- [Philadelphia, Pa.] : Brown, printer, Ledger Buildings, Phila, [1857?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 21 x 14 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Sanford, Samuel S., 1821-1905, Turner, R. J. (Richard J.), -1857, Brown, Henry A., and McAllister, John A. (John Allister), 1822-1896
- Sanford's Opera House is listed in Philadelphia directories at this address from 1857 to 1862; Richard J. Turner died Aug. 6, 1857. and Originally part of a McAllister scrapbook.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 2nd ed. Suppl. 1985
View MARC record | catkey: 20285904