Still's underground rail road records [electronic resource] : With a life of the author. Narrating the hardships, hairbreadth escapes and death struggles of the slaves in their efforts for freedom. Together with sketches of some of the eminent friends of freedom, and most liberal aiders and advisers of the road. / By William Still ... ; illustrated with 70 fine engravings by Bensell, Schell and others, and portraits from photographs from life. Sold only by subscription
- Still, William, 1821-1902
- Hartford, Conn. : Betts & Company, 284 Asylum St., 1886..
- Revised edition..
- Physical Description:
- -21 pages, , lxiv, 23-780 pages, [2+] pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, facsimiles, portraits ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Boyd, James P. (James Penny), 1836-1910, Sartain, John, 1808-1897, E. Betts & Company, and New Sharon Town Library
- The biographical sketch of Still (p. i-lxiv) is by James P. Boyd.
"Revised edition" precedes "with a life of the author ..." on t.p.
Copyright 1883 on t.p. verso.
Frontispiece portrait engraved by John Sartain.
Library Company copy imperfect: lacking final page(s) of index; with bookplate of the New Sharon Town Library.
Lib. Company. Annual Report, 1995, p. 22-24.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 2nd ed. Suppl. 2214
View MARC record | catkey: 20286024