Stimpson's Boston directory [electronic resource] ; containing the names of the inhabitants, their occupations, places of business, and dwelling houses, and the city register, with lists of the streets, lanes and wharves, the city officers, public offices and banks, and other useful information
- Uniform Title:
- Stimpson's Boston directory. 1840
- Additional Titles:
- Stimpson's Boston directory. July, 1840 and Directory 1840
- Boston : Charles Stimpson, Jr., 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 451 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Clapp, David, 1806-1893, Stimpson, Charles, and Wm. R. Kelley & Son
- "D. Clapp, jr. printer over 184 Washington Street."--cover.
Last page blank.
In printed paper over boards.
"Directory advertiser."--initial 16,  p.
"People of color."--p. -451.
Library Company copy has p. 349-356 (gathering 45⁴) present in duplicate; inscribed: Wm. R. Kelley & Son 5 Congress sq. [listed as tailors in the directory].
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2014. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 2nd ed. Suppl. 2216
Checklist of American imprints, 40-936
View MARC record | catkey: 20286026