High expectations teaching : how we persuade students to believe and act on "smart is something you can get" / Jon Saphier, foreword by Ronald F. Ferguson
- Saphier, Jon
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, a SAGE Publishing Company, learningforward, RBT, PDK Phi Delta Kappa International, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 229 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- The history of "intelligence" -- Malleable intelligence: the evidence -- attribution retraining and the growth mindset -- Verbal behavior in nine arenas of classroom life -- Regular classroom mechanisms for generating student agency -- No secrets instructional strategies that support student agency -- Teaching effective effort -- Choices that generate agency: voice, ownership, and influence -- Schoolwide policies and procedures -- Conclusion.
- 9781506356792 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
1506356796 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20286662