Voices of the world [map] / produced by National Geographic Maps for the National Geographic Magazine ; Allen Carroll, Chief Cartographer
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Maps (Firm)
- Additional Titles:
- Alternate panel title, Cultures, millennium in maps and Panel title, Millennium in maps, cultures
- Washington, D.C. : The Society, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 46 x 74 cm, folded to 13 x 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Carroll, Allen
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:54,109,440 or 1 in. = 854 miles at the equator ; Winkel Tripel projection, central meridian 0 0. (W 180 0--E 180 0/N 90 0--S 90 0).
- "Supplement to the National Geographic, August 1999".
"Washington, D.C., August 1999".
"Printed June 1999".
Ancillary maps: Major language families today -- Major religions.
Includes text, notes, and col. ill.
Ancillary maps on verso show "Birth of the global village, the 1960s", "The ascent of cities: a more urban world", and "A small world after all, 2000: globalization realized" with accompanying text for each theme.
Text, descriptive timeline showing the rise of cultures, 2 ancillary hemisphere maps, 5 enclosed ancillary maps, 1 non-enclosed ancillary map, and col. ill. on verso.
Shows languages and religions around the world.
View MARC record | catkey: 2038615