Fetal subjects, feminist positions / edited by Lynn M. Morgan and Meredith W. Michaels
- Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 345 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Morgan, Lynn Marie
Michaels, Meredith W.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction: the fetal imperative / Meredith W. Michaels and Lynn M. Morgan. -- The fetus on the "farther shore": towards a history of the unborn / Barbara Duden. -- The emergence of the fetus / Kathryn Pyne Addelson. -- Materializing the fetal body, or, what are those corpses doing in biology's basement? / Lynn M. Morgan. -- Dead embryos: feminism in suspension / Sarah Franklin. -- Fathers, mothers, and fetal harm: rethinking gender difference and reproductive responsibility / Cynthia R. Daniels. -- Operation to the rescue: feminist encounters with fetal surgery / Monica J. Casper. -- Fetal galaxies: some questions about what we see / Meredith W. Michaels. -- The traffic in fetuses / Carol A. Stabile. -- Minority unborn / Carol Mason. -- Irish trans/national politics and locating fetuses / Loury Oaks. -- "Womb with a view": script and stills / Sherry Millner. -- The fetal monster / Ernest Larsen. -- "I remember the day I shopped for your Layette": consumer goods, fetuses, and feminism in the context of pregnancy loss / Linda L. Layne. -- Fetal reflections: confessions of two feminist anthropologists as mutual informants / Faye Ginsburg and Rayna Rapp. -- Epilogue: reflections on abortion politics and the practices called person / Valerie Hartouni.
- 0812234960 (cl. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -330) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2047181