Senates : bicameralism in the contemporary world / edited by Samuel C. Patterson and Anthony Mughan
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 360 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Patterson, Samuel C., 1931- and Mughan, Anthony
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Parliaments and legislatures series
- Senates and the theory of bicameralism / Samuel C. Patterson and Anthony Mughan -- Coequal partner: the U.S. Senate / Barbara Sinclair -- The very federal house: the German Bundesrat / Werner J. Patzelt -- Generating divided government: the Australian Senate / John Uhr -- Not dead yet, but should it be resurrected? The Canadian Senate / C.E.S. Franks -- A problem of identity: the French Sénat / Jean Mastias -- To revise and deliberate: the British House of Lords / Donald Shell -- Parliamentary Autonomy: the Italian Senato / Claudio Lodici -- A house in search of a role: the Senado of Spain / Carlos Flores Juberías -- From electoral symbol to legislative puzzle: the Polish Senat / David M. Olson -- Senates: a comparative perspective / Anthony Mughan and Samuel C. Patterson.
- 081420810X (cl : alk. paper) and 0814250106 (pb : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2047279