Maximilian Prüfer : Brut, 2013-2016
- Additional Titles:
- Brut, 2013-2016
- Berlin, Germany : Hatje Cantz, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 169 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 30 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Prüfer, Maximilian, 1986-
Prüfer, Maximilian, 1986- Selections
Neue Galerie im Höhmannhaus
Galerie Lisa Kandlhofer (Vienna, Austria)
- Language Note:
- Texts in English and German, with no indication of which version is the original.
- Natur(antypie) / Markus Gabriel -- The semantics of the ephemeral / Roman Grabner -- Studies -- Naturantypie -- A journey between aesthetic experiment and technical perfection / Alexandra Grimmer -- Emergence pictures -- Collaborating with nature / Claire Breukel.
- "Maximilian Prüfer's works of art are highly aesthetic objects, but also real images of a conceptual exploration of the world. He calls his printing process Naturantypie, which not only allows him to depict the beating wings of wasps, but also the paths of ants or snail tracks. Prüfer doesn't limit himself to recording the natural, uncontrolled patterns of insect movements. Using traces of scent, bait, and barriers he makes it possible to discern the principle of emergence as a factor in making pictures: previously unseen visual worlds provide entirely new approaches to thought."--Wrapper.
- 9783775742498 (hardback)
- Related Titles:
- Maximilian Prüfer
Maximilian Prüfer. German
- "This book is published in conjunction with the exhibition Ei, 14.10.2016-15.01.2017, Neue Galerie im Höhmannhaus, Augsburg, [and] Brut, Galerie Lisa Kandlhofer, Wien/Vienna"--Colophon.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 20494958