Cambridge legal essays : written in honour of and presented to Doctor Bond, Professor Buckland and Professor Kenny / G.G. Alexander, J.H. Beale, W.C. Bolland, C.T. Carr, P.W. Duff, A.L. Goodhart, H.C. Gutteridge, H.D. Hazeltine, A. Pearce Higgins, E. Jenks, H.F. Jolowicz, J.W. Jones, D.T. Oliver, Roscoe Pound, H.E. Salt, E.C.S. Wade
- Cambridge, England : W. Heffer & Sons Ltd., 1926.
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 331 pages) : portraits
- Additional Creators:
- Bond, Henry, 1853-1938, Buckland, W. W. (William Warwick), 1859-1946, Kenny, Courtney Stanhope, 1847-1930, Winfield, Percy Henry, Sir, 1878-1953, and McNair, Arnold Duncan McNair, Baron, 1885-1975
- Dedication -- Preface. Dr. Henry Bond, J.P., LL. D., biographical note with portrait -- Prof. W.W. Buckland, LL. D., F.B.A., biographical note with portrait -- Prof. C.S. Kenny, J.P., LL. D., F.B.A., biographical note with portrait -- Recent developments in conveyancing law / by G. Glover Alexander -- International jurisdiction of courts / by Joseph Henry Beale -- The training of a mediaeval justice / by W.C. Bolland -- Citation of statutes: the Mansfield Park standard / by C.T. Carr -- The charitable foundations of Byzantium / by P.W. Duff -- Liability for the consequences of a "negligent act" / by Arthur L. Goodhart -- The origin and historical development of the profession of notaries public in England / by Prof. H.C. Gutteridge -- The Renaissance and the laws of Europe / by H.D. Hazeltine -- The work of Grotius and of the modern international lawyer / by A. Pearce Higgins -- "According to the evidence" / by Edward Jenks -- The assessment of penalties in primitive law / by H.F. Jolowicz -- Acquired and guaranteed rights / by J. Walter Jones -- Roman law in modern cases in English courts / by David T. Oliver -- On certain maxims of equity / by Roscoe Pound -- The local ambit of a custom / by H.E. Salt -- Misrepresentation in equity / by E.C.S. Wade.
- Editors: Percy H. Winfield and Arnold D. McNair.
View MARC record | catkey: 20495962