Information and Communication Technologies for Development [electronic resource] : 14th IFIP WG 9.4 International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries, ICT4D 2017, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, May 22-24, 2017, Proceedings / edited by Jyoti Choudrie, M. Sirajul Islam, Fathul Wahid, Julian M. Bass, Johanes Eka Priyatma
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 850 pages 96 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Choudrie, Jyoti, Islam, M. Sirajul, Wahid, Fathul, Bass, Julian M., Priyatma, Johanes Eka, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 1868-4238 ; 504
- Machine generated contents note: Keynotes -- Facilitating Social Harmony Through ICTs / Robert M. Davison -- Theoretical Framing of ICT4D Research / Chrisanthi Avgerou -- Design, Needs, and Aspirations in International Development / Kentaro Toyama -- Large Scale and Complex Information Systems for Development -- Leveraging Software Platform Capabilities to Support HIV (ART) Treatment Adherence Management: A Case from Sierra Leone / Petter Nielsen -- Patchworks of Logistics Management Information Systems: Challenges or Solutions for Developing Countries? / Johan Ivar Soezbø -- Health Information Systems in Indonesia: Understanding and Addressing Complexity / Wilfred Senyoni -- Open Source Software Ecosystems in Health Sector: A Case Study from Sri Lanka / Jørn Braa -- A Framework to Assess and Address Human Capacities Needed to Leverage Open Source Software Platforms in Developing Countries / Petter Nielsen -- The Role of Global Standardization Communities in Shaping National Health Information Architectures / Johan Ivar Soezbø -- From Abstraction to Implementation: Can Computational Thinking Improve Complex Real-World Problem Solving? A Computational -- Thinking-Based Approach to the SDGs / A. Min Tjoa -- Women Empowerment and Gender Justice -- Telecentres Use in Rural Communities and Women Empowerment: Case of Western Cape / Wallace Chigona -- Young Women in South African Call Centres: A Case of Women's Empowerment or a Repackaging of the Conventional Global Factory? / Sisa Ngabaza -- Social Mechanisms of ICT-Enabled Development -- Living in the Limits: Migration and Information Practices of Undocumented Latino Migrants / Ricardo Gomez -- Critical Realism and ICT4D Research / P.J. Wall -- A Spatial Perspective of Innovation and Development: Innovation Hubs in Zambia and the UK / Yingqin Zheng -- Methodological Approach for Identifying Mechanisms in ICT4D: A Critical Realism Perspective / Devinder Thapa -- Participatory Technologies: Affordances for Development / Tony Roberts -- Amplifying Positive Deviance with ICT: Enabling Community Development and Interdependence / William D. Tucker -- The Data Revolution and Sustainable Development Goals -- Open Data Reuse, Recycling and Sharing as Potential Solution to Data and Information Resource Inadequacies / Negar Aminoltaheri -- A Critical and Systemic Consideration of Data for Sustainable Development in Africa / Vukosi Marivate -- Data Governance: A Challenge for Merged and Collaborating Institutions in Developing Countries / Ephias Ruhode -- Critical Perspectives on ICT and Open Innovation for Development -- Collaborative Social Innovation in the Hybrid Domain: Organization and Rationality / Balaji Parthasarathy -- Digital Innovation: A Research Agenda for Information Systems Research in Developing Countries / Petter Nielsen -- Social Mapping for Communal Sensemaking: The Case of Development Informatics Researchers in South Africa / Mario Marais -- The Contribution of Practice Theories to ICT for Development -- Affordance and Habitus: Understanding Land Records E-services in Bangladesh / Muhammad Shahanoor Alam -- Socializing Accountability for Improving Primary Healthcare: An Action Research Program in Rural Karnataka / S. Krishna -- System Failure for Good Reasons? Understanding Aid Information Management Systems (AIMS) with Indonesia as State Actor in the Changing Field of Aid / Boyi Li -- Practices of Disease Surveillance and Response in Burkina Faso / Stine Loft Rasmussen -- Design Science Research and Activity Theory in ICT4D: Developing a Socially Relevant ICT Platform for Elderly Women in Remote Rural South Africa / Marita Turpin -- Agile Development -- Building Capacity in Kenya's ICT Market Using Cross-Border Scrum Teams / Rohit Lekhi -- Agile Methods in Ethiopia: An Empirical Study / Dida Midekso -- Indigenous and Local Community Grounded ICT Developments -- Deriving Engagement Protocols Within Community-Based Co-design Projects in Namibia / Margot Brereton -- Continuing Medical Education on a Stick: Nepal as a Test Bed / Debra Stoner -- Supporting Sustainability Through Collaborative Awareness Raising -- A Case of Sri Lankan Telecentres / Thomas Westin -- Global Sourcing and Development -- Understanding the Development Implications of Online Outsourcing / Richard Heeks -- Sustainability in ICT4D -- The Impact of Stakeholder Management on the Sense of Ownership in Telecenter Projects: The Case of Malawi / Wallace Chigona -- ICTs for Agroecology: Shifting Agricultural ICT4D from "I" to "C" / Andy Dearden -- An Exploration of the Integration Challenges Inherent in the Adoption of ICT in an Education System / Sifiso Dlamini -- Learning to Be Sustainable in ICT for Development: A Citizen Engagement Initiative in South Africa / John Lannon -- Self-Reinforcing Linkages Between Value and Local Ownership: Rethinking Sustainability of ICT4D Project / Arunima Mukherjee -- ICT4D Sustainability as Generativity / Terje Aksel Sanner -- Sustainability of the aAQUA e-Agriservice: A Case Study of Maharashtra, India / R. Malhotra -- Information Systems Development and Implementation in Southeast Asia -- Experience with the Mobile4D Disaster Reporting and Alerting System in Lao PDR / Peter Haddawy -- Applying ICT to Health Information Systems (HIS) in Low Resource Settings: Implementing DHIS2 as an Integrated Health Information Platform in Lao PDR / Wilfred Senyoni -- From Routine to Revolt: Improving Routine Health Data Quality and Relevance by Making Them Public / Petter Nielsen -- Design and Build OLAP Business Intelligence for Village Sustainable Development Planning / Stephanie Pamela Adithama -- Graduate Student Track (IPID) -- Subalternity in Information Systems in Developing Countries: A Critical Analysis of Ghana's TRADENET / Atta Addo -- Challenges for Health Indicators in Developing Countries: Misconceptions and Lack of Population Data / Johan Ivar Soezbø -- Riding Waves of Change: A Review of Personas Research Landscape Based on the Three Waves of HCI / Tariq Zaman -- A Model for Developing Usable Integrated Case Management Information Systems / Agnes Nakakawa -- Bringing Visibility to Community Health Work with mHealth Systems: A Case of Malawi / Chipo Kanjo -- True Value of Telecentre Contribution to Bario Community Development / Alvin W. Yeo -- Linkage Between ICT and Agriculture Knowledge Management Process: A Case Study from Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), India / B.N. Hiremath -- Current Issues -- Are Online Social Networks, Leading to a Better World in the Omani Public Sector? A Qualitative Study / Ali Al-Bulushi -- Four Strategies of Social Media Use Among Indonesian Politicians / Fathul Wahid -- From Longhand Writing to Word Processing: A Phenomenological Study of the Technophobe Turned Novelist / Antonio Diaz Andrade -- A Preliminary Testing of the Strategic IT Decision Making Model / Peter Seddon -- Cancer Patients on Facebook: A Theoretical Framework / Noorminshah A. Iahad -- Factors Affecting the Growth of the ICT Industry: The Case of Bhutan / Sherah Kurnia -- The Impact of Facebook on the Quality of Life of Senior Citizens in Cape Town / Jean-Paul Van Belle -- Mobile Phones as a Citizen-Controlled Anti-corruption Tool in East Africa - A Literature Review / Mathias Hatakka -- Tensions in Information System Artefacts: Explaining Land Information Systems' Sub-optimal Impact in Indonesia / Bjørn Furuholt -- Assessing the E-Government Maturity for Public Sector Innovation in Developing Countries: Case of National Informatization Assessment Tool (MAT) / Jeongwon Yoon -- Notes -- An Analysis of Accountability Concepts for Open Development / Caitlin Bentley -- Information Ecology as a Framework for South-South Cooperation: Case Studies of Rwanda and Bangladesh ICT-Based Health Applications / Faheem Hussain -- Actor-Networks and "Practices" of Development: Impact of a Weather Information System in West Bengal / Janaki Srinivasan -- Understanding the Dilemma of the Municipal Solid Waste Management System in Alexandria, Egypt: Could ICT Improve the System? / Mohamed A. El-Gohary -- A Reflection on IT Implementation Challenges in State Institution: A Case Study on Development Projects at Indonesian Judiciary / Bobby A.A. Nazief -- Analysis of Impact Sourcing by Infusing Social Innovation in Outsourcing for Nepal / Sojen Pradhan -- Exploring Personal Computing Devices Ownership Among University Students in Indonesia / Ahmad R. Pratama -- A Conceptual Framework of ICT4D Champion Origins / Richard Heeks.
- This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 14th IFIP WG 9.4 International Conference on Social Implications of Computers in Developing Countries, ICT4D 2017, held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, in May 2017. The 60 revised full papers and 8 short papers presented together with 3 keynotes were carefully reviewed and selected from 118 submissions. The papers are organized in the following topical sections: large scale and complex information systems for development; women empowerment and gender justice; social mechanisms of ICT-enabled development; the data revolution and sustainable development goals; critical perspectives on ICT and open innovation for development; the contribution of practice theories to ICT for development; agile development; indigenous local community grounded ICT developments; global sourcing and development; sustainability in ICT4D; and information systems development and implementation in Southeast Asia. Also included are a graduate student track, current issues and notes. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 20502734