IEEE recommended practice for establishing transformer capability when supplying nonsinusoidal load currents / Sponsor, Transformers Committee of the IEEE Power Engineering Society
- Additional Titles:
- Recommended practice for establishing transformer capability when supplying nonsinusoidal load currents
- New York, N.Y., USA : Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 39 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- IEEE Power Engineering Society. Transformers Committee
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
IEEE-SA Standards Board
- Methods are developed to conservatively evaluate the feasibility of supplying additional nonsinusoidal load currents from an existing installed dry-type or liquid-filled transformer, as a portion of the total load. Clarification of the necessary application information is provided to assist in properly specifying a new transformer expected to carry a load, a portion of which is composed of nonsinusoidal load currents. A number of examples illustrating these methods and calculations are presented. Reference annexes make a comparison of the document calculations to calculations found in other industry standards and suggested temperature rise methods are detailed for reference purposes.
- "IEEE Std C57.110-1998; revision of IEEE Std C57.110-1986."
"Approved 2 July 1998, IEEE-SA Standards Board."
"30 March 1999"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 1-2).
View MARC record | catkey: 2050933