Divine generosity and human creativity : theology through symbol, painting and architecture / David Brown ; edited by Christopher R. Brewer and Robert MacSwain
- Brown, David, 1948 July 1-
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, an imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 208 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Brewer, Christopher R. and MacSwain, Robert
- Part I. Foundations. In the beginning was the image -- Why theology needs the arts -- Learning from pagans -- Part II. The power of symbols. Understanding symbol -- Baptism and water as cosmological symbol -- 'The darkness and the light are both alike to thee': finding God in limited light and in darkness -- Part III. Artists as theologians. The annunciation as true fiction -- Why the ascension matters -- Artists on the Trinity -- Part IV. Meaning in religious architecture. Architecture and theism -- Interfaith dialogue through architecture -- Tensions between politics and religious symbolism in architecture -- Worshipping with art and architecture.
- 9781472465603 hardback alkaline paper
1472465601 hardback alkaline paper
9781472465634 paperback alkaline paper
1472465636 paperback alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20513853