ABC of interventional cardiology [electronic resource] / [edited by] Ever D. Grech
- Oxford ; Hoboken, NJ : Wiley-Blackwell/BMJ Books, 2011.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 102 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Grech, Ever D.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Contributors. -- Preface to the second edition. -- List of trial acronyms. -- 1. Modifying risk factors to improve prognosis (Kevin S Channer and Ever D Grech). -- 2. Pathophysiology and investigation of coronary artery disease (Ever D Grech). -- 3. Percutaneous coronary intervention I: History and development (Ever D Grech). -- 4. Percutaneous coronary intervention II: The procedure (Ever D Grech). -- 5. Chronic stable angina: treatment options (Laurence O'Toole and Ever D Grech). -- 6. Acute coronary syndrome: unstable angina and non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (Ever D Grech). -- 7. Acute coronary syndrome: ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (Ever D Grech). -- 8. Percutaneous coronary intervention: Cardiogenic shock (Ever D Grech). -- 9. Interventional pharmacotherapy (Ever D Grech and Robert F Storey). -- 10. Non-coronary percutaneous intervention (Ever D Grech). -- 11. New developments in percutaneous coronary intervention (Julian Gunn and Ever D Grech). -- 12. Percutaneous interventional electrophysiology (Gerry C Kaye). -- 13. Implantable devices for treating tachyarrhythmias (Gerry C Kaye). -- 14. Pacemakers for brachycardia (Gerry C Kaye). -- 15. Heart failure, dys-synchrony and resynchronisation therapy (Abdallah Al-Mohammed, Ever D Grech and Jonathan Sahu). -- 16. Interventional paediatric cardiology (Damien Kenny and Kevin P Walsh). -- Index.
- "This fully updated, new edition of ABC of Interventional Cardiology is an easy-to-read, practical guide for the non-specialist. It presents the complex aspects of interventional cardiology in a clear and concise manner, and explains the different interventions for coronary artery disease, valvular and structural heart disease, and electrophysiology, ordered by clinical setting. The ABC of Interventional Cardiology covers the core knowledge on techniques and management, and highlights the evidence base. Illustrated in full colour throughout, with new images and graphics, it includes key evidence and guidelines, new drug treatments and devices, with recommendations for further reading and additional resources in each chapter. It is ideal for GPs, hospital doctors, medical students, catheter laboratory staff and cardiology nurses"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781405170673 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1405170670 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20515187