The Army in British India [electronic resource]: From Colonial Warfare to Total War 1857 - 1947
- Roy, Kaushik
- London : Continuum International Publishing Group, Limited Dec. 2012 Blue Ridge Summit : National Book Network [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 256 p. 09.250 x 06.130 in.
- Continuum Studies in Military History Ser
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation The army in India was the principal pillar of British power in South Asia from the mid-19th century until Indian independence. This volume evaluates the combat effectiveness of the army in British India from the mutiny of 1857 until the British departed Indiaain 1947. It examines how the army in India developed from a colonial police force into one of the world's largest volunteer armies which saw service around the globe.
1441177302 (Trade Cloth)
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional Continuum International Publishing Group, Limited
View MARC record | catkey: 20516589