Between occultism and Nazism [electronic resource] : anthroposophy and the politics of race in the fascist era / by Peter Staudenmaier
- Staudenmaier, Peter, 1965-
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 412 pages ; 25 cm.
- Aries book series. Texts and studies in Western esotericism, 1871-1405 ; volume 17
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : spiritual science and the modern occult revival -- Germany's savior : Rudolf Steiner on race and redemption -- The politics of the unpolitical : German anthroposophy in theory and practice before 1933 -- Accommodation, collaboration, persecution : anthroposophy in the shadow of National Socialism, 1933-1945 -- The German essence shall heal the world : ideological affinities between anthroposophy and Nazism -- Education for the national community? : Waldorf Schools in the Third Reich -- The Nazi campaign against occultism -- The spirit of the race and the soul of the nation : anthroposophy and the rise of fascism in Italy -- Spiritual racism in power : Italian anthroposophists and the fascist racial laws, 1938-1945 -- Conclusion : occultism and Nazism in historical perspective.
- 9789004264076 (hardback : alkaline paper) and 9789004270152 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 328-406).
View MARC record | catkey: 20517175