Bio-inspired materials for biomedical engineering [electronic resource] / edited by Anthony B. Brennan, Chelsea M. Kirschner
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- ECM-inspired chemical cues : biomimetic molecules and techniques of immobilization / Roger Y. Tam, Shawn C. Owen and Molly S. Shoichet -- Dynamic materials mimic developmental and disease changes in tissues / Matthew G. Ondeck and Adam J. Engler -- The role of mechanical cues in regulating cellular activities and guiding tissue development / Liming Bian -- Contribution of physical forces to the design of biomimetic tissue substitutes / M. Ermis, E.T. Baran, T. Dursun, E. Antmen and V. Hasirci -- Cellular responses to engineered bio-inspired topographic cues / Chelsea M. Kirschner, James F. Schumacher and Anthony B. Brennan -- Engineering the mechanical and growth factor signaling roles of fibronectin fibrils / Christopher A. Lemmon -- Biologic scaffolds composed of extracellular matrix as a natural material for wound healing / Stephen Badylak -- Bio-inspired integration of natural materials / Albino Martins, Marta Alves da Silva, Ana Costa-Pinto, Rui L. Reis and Nuno M. Neves -- Bio-inspired design of skin replacement therapies / Dennis P. Orgill -- Epithelial engineering: from sheets to branched tubes / Hye Young Kim and Celeste M. Nelson -- A biomimetic approach toward the fabrication of epithelial-like tissue / Meng Xu and Hongjun Wang -- Nano- and micro-structured ECM and biomimetic scaffolds for cardiac tissue engineering / Quentin Jallerat, John M. Szymanski and Adam W. Feinberg -- Cardiovascular biomaterials / Elaine L. Lee and Joyce Y. Wong -- Evaluation of bio-inspired materials for mineralized tissue regeneration using type I collagen reporter cells / Lisa T. Kuhn, Emily Jacobs, and A. Jon Goldberg -- Learning from tissue equivalents : biomechanics and mechanobiology / David D. Simon and Jay D. Humphrey -- Mimicking the hematopoietic stem cell niche by biomaterials approaches / Eike Müller, Michael Ansorge, Carsten Werner and Tilo Pompe -- Engineering immune responses to allografts / Anthony W. Frei and Cherie L. Stabler -- Immunomimetic materials / Jamal S. Lewis and Benjamin G. Keselowsky.
- 9781118843437 (epub), 9781118843628 (pdf), and 9781118369364 (cloth)
- "Society for Biomaterials."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20517304