The birth of modern Europe [electronic resource] : culture and economy, 1400-1800 : essays in honor of Jan de Vries / edited by Laura Cruz and Joel Mokyr
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 259 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- De Vries, Jan, 1943 November 14-, Cruz, Laura, 1969-, and Mokyr, Joel
- Library of economic history, 1877-3206 ; v. 2
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Jan de Vries and his contributions / Joel Mokyr -- The birth of modern Europe : determining the margins of the work of Jan de Vries / Laura Cruz -- The tobacco nation : English tobacco dealers and pipe-makers in Rotterdam, 1620-1650 / Wim Klooster -- The market for architecture in Holland, 1500-1815 / Maarten Prak -- From shelf to maps : reconstructing bookselling networks in the seventeenth century Netherlands / Laura Cruz -- Hoare's Bank in the eighteenth century / Peter Temin and Hans-Joachim Voth -- Modest households and globally traded textiles : evidence from Amsterdam household inventories / Anne E. McCants -- Britain's Asian century : porcelain and global history in the long eighteenth century / Maxine Berg -- Repeat migration between Europe and the United States, 1870-1914 / Drew Keeling -- The Industrious Revolution and labour force participation of rural women : evidence from mid-nineteenth-century France / George Grantham and Franque Grimard -- The Industrious Revolution in America / Gavin Wright.
- 9789004189348 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9004189343 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20517393