The changing landscape of global financial governance and the role of soft law [electronic resource] / edited by Friedl Weiss, Armin J. Kammel
- Nijhoff international trade law series ; volume 14
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Key theoretical parameters of the soft law debate : a basic overview / Chris Brummer -- Government versus markets : a change in financial regulation / Armin J. Kammel -- A law and economics framework for financial regulation / Aristides N. Hatzis -- The device of soft law : some theoretical underpinnings / Friedl Weiss -- The dogma of capital regulation as a response to the financial crisis / Heidi M. Schooner -- The politics of international financial law in the aftermath of the global financial crisis of 2008 / Douglas W. Arner -- The changing landscape of European financial supervision from an institutional perspective / Alfred Schramm -- The Dodd-Frank act does not solve the too-big-to-fail problem / Arthur E. Wilmarth, Jr -- Say on pay, soft law and the regulatory focus on enforcement and transparency / Poonam Puri and Simon Kupi -- Consumer protection through soft law in an era of global financial crisis / Ruth Plato-Shinar and Rolf H. Weber -- Moving from soft law to hard law in the derivatives arena : a case study / Christian A. Johnson -- Financial crises and the changing relationship between banks and their customers in Singapore / Sandra Annette Booysen -- From rule-taker to rule-maker: China's changing roles in global banking regulation / Chao Xi -- Regional economic and financial integration in Asia : challenges from the global and financial crisis / Chayodom Sabhasri -- The debt crisis and its impact on developing countries / Jamshid Damooei -- Limiting financial crisis: demands on the new financial architecture from the perspective of NGOs and developing countries / Stephany Griffith-Jones and Matthias Thiemann.
- 9789004280311 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20518274