Cold War books in the "other" Europe and what came after [electronic resource] / by Jiřina Šmejkalová
- Šmejkalová, Jiřina
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 409 p. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- What do we know about (totalitarian) books? -- Monitoring the 'Red model' -- The ambiguities of censorship and resistance -- Suppressing the margins -- Performing silences -- The literary establishment -- Discontinuous continuities -- Freedom in print -- The paper revolutionaries -- Instead of a conclusion.
- Book industries and trade—Czech Republic
- Book industries and trade—Czechoslovakia—History—20th century
- Books and reading—Czech Republic
- Books and reading—Czechoslovakia—History—20th century
- Book industries and trade—Political aspects—Europe, Eastern
- Books and reading—Political aspects—Europe, Eastern
- Censorship—Europe, Eastern
- Post-communism—Europe, Eastern
- 9789004187450 (hc : acid-free paper)
9004187456 (hc : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20518787