Convulsing bodies [electronic resource] : religion and resistance in Foucault / Mark D. Jordan
- Jordan, Mark D.
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 259 pages ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : embodied reading or the masked philosopher -- Hunter of the sacred -- The dismembered assassin and the well scrubbed delinquents -- The buffoon-tyrant and the possessed nuns -- Chatting genitals -- The sobbing matron and the loquacious monk -- The artist of pleasures -- The violated mother and the naked philosopher -- Conclusion : Embodied writing or Among the mourners.
- 9780804789028 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780804792769 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-238) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20519792