Dreaming of cinema [electronic resource] : spectatorship, surrealism, & the age of digital media / Adam Lowenstein
- Lowenstein, Adam
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 253 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Film and culture
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: cinema as digital dream machine -- Enlarged spectatorship from realism to surrealism: Bazin, Barthes, and the (digital) sweet hereafter -- Interactive spectatorship gaming, mimicry, and art cinema: between Un chien andalou and ExistenZ -- Globalized spectatorship ring around the superflat global village: J-horror between Japan and America -- Posthuman spectatorship the animal in You(Tube): from Los olvidados to "Christian the lion" -- Collaborative spectatorship -- The surrealism of the stars: from Rose Hobart to Mrs. Rock Hudson -- Afterword: marking cinematic time.
- 9780231166560 (cloth : acid-free paper)
9780231166577 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 219-236) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20521447