Expert testimony on domestic violence [electronic resource] : a discourse analysis / Melissa Hamilton
- Hamilton, Melissa, 1964-
- El Paso : LFB Scholarly Pub., 2009.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 207 p. ; 23 cm.
- Law and society
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Feminist and social constructivist theories -- Critical discourse analysis in the law -- Expert witness discourse : the legal framework -- Expert witness discourse : constructing the battered woman -- The discourses of resistance.
- "Examines the impact of social science evidence on legal reasoning in domestic violence cases, analyzing the text and rhetoric from a body of appellate opinions in which expert witnesses provided social science-based testimony about domestic violence"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781593323233 (hbk. : alk. paper) and 1593323239 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-182) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 20523320